Wednesday, June 2, 2010


Congenital Heart Defects affects more than 40,000 infants in the U.S, that's 1 in 100 children born each year. It strikes more children than any other childhood disease. We need to raise the level of awareness of Congenital Heart Defects. CHD kills more children then cancer everyday. I have started this blog to share my journey about Pierce with you. Also to help raise awareness about all the children with Congenital Heart defects and what these families go through. God Bless and I hope to inspire, and help anyone that reads this blog!

2 comments:

  1. This baby was so beautiful, that is why God wanted him to live in heaven with him. God bless his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. As a mom, I thought that he was so beautiful. I would enjoy looking at him and his eyes when he was awake. The hardest part of my journey was when we made it to Little rock to wait for a heart transplant, and they had put him into a medical induced coma with sedation and paralitic drugs 24 hours a day. I never saw those eyes open for the last 6 weeks while he was a live, but I have many videos of him awake that I love to watch and the two pictures at the top of my page are my favorite. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete